We have developed some web portals and some web applications using service-oriented architecture.
SOAs offer the following advantages over traditional approaches to distributed computing:
- They offer business services across the platforms
- They provide location independence
- Services need not be at a particular system or particular network
- Completely loosely coupled approach
- Authentication and authorization support at every level
- The search and connectivity to other services is dynamic
Benefits from the perspective of Business Value
- Ability to more quickly meet customer demands
- Lower costs associated with the acquisition and maintenance of technology
- Management of business functionality closer to the business units
- Leverages existing investments in technology
- Reduces reliance on expensive custom development
The web services has been developed in a Web Services Contract First approach.
For the front-end we have use ASP.NET and ASP.NET AJAX to create a rich and responsive user interface.
We have use Microsoft SQL Server 2005 as a database server. This capable and at the same time affordable relational DBMS (RDBMS) provides high-level security of the data stored and high-speed access to the information.