Matching design concepts with development requirements
- In the design implementation phase, visual elements were fitted to the website layout. The development team worked together with the design team to get the best results in terms of visual and engaging user experiences.
- Main pages (Books, Gifts, Games, etc.) were designed and implemented as layout pages for providing a wide and dynamic exposure of the products.
- We combined visual elements and transactional features on the same page for providing a consistent user experience, across the buying process.
Implementing advanced platform settings for displaying relevant content only
- We’ve created a custom module for Magento 2 able to scan which categories have on-stock products and which have not. Empty categories are automatically disabled from the website and re-enabled when available products are added.
- On the Home page, we’ve implemented various widgets for generating a dynamic overview of the top promoted products (recently launched books, Romanian authors/book accessories/bestsellers, categories, etc.)
- We've implemented several searching and filtering features (suggestions for offering the best gift, listing products based on specific criteria, filtering products on price, category, publisher, etc.) to simplify the acquisition process and get customers closer to the products matching their interests best.
Adapting existing features to the business needs
Some several great features and add-ons can be added to a (Magento) webshop.
However, these external features are created with general e-commerce needs in mind (so they can’t cover the specific entrepreneur’s challenges and expectations).
For instance, the Urgent-Cargus shipping module needed important changes to respond to our client’s needs and provide the complete experience users are expecting.
Main optimizations our team applied to the Urgent-Cargus module:
- displaying of the AWB code on the order management forms;
- attaching the pdf invoices to orders;
- automated shipping costs calculation based on the total cart value.
Using best tools for outstanding results
- Smart 3rd party integrations for providing a complete and risk-free online shopping experience (CDMS ERP, mobilPay payment system, customized Urgent-Cargus shipping module).
- Real-time order tracking, automated shipping costs calculation, and gift wrapping option. BOPIS (Buy Online Pick Up In Store) - a multi-inventory system for allowing customers to quickly identify the Bookcity shops where their chosen products are available.
- Custom-made shopping assistant module - when shopping for a gift, customers can select from 3 main criteria (gender, age, hobbies) to get relevant suggestions only.
- Custom, csv-based SEO module for automating 301 redirects.
Providing beyond the online store experiences
Off-page experiences are critical in e-commerce, for converting prospects into customers - regardless of the stage of the Buyer Journey:
- ATTRACT new customers: if a prospect is looking for a certain book using a search engine (e.g., Google) but the product is no longer available in BookCity’s stock, it will still be displayed in search results with the “Notify me when this product is available” option;
- CONVERT prospects: sending automated and personalized reminder emails to those prospects that have built a wishlist but didn’t add products to cart;
- DELIGHT existing customers: custom-made shopping assistant module - when shopping for a gift, customers can select from 3 main criteria (gender, age, hobbies) to get relevant suggestions only.