Our client is a leading real estate software company from Belgium. The company's main product is an integrated cloud-based Customer Relationship Management software, designed for the real estate sector. They started in 2000 with a software that enabled virtual property tours and websites for real estate agencies.
Based on the experience and know-how that they'd accumulated over the years, in 2002 they started working on an online CRM system for real estate professionals, which was initially launched at the beginning of 2004 and since then has become a very effective software solution for real estate agents throughout Europe.
The client wanted to take the software to a new level and offer their clients high-class usability while working with effective real estate tools. They required a module type solution with complex functionalities which could be easily adapted to future developments for managing websites, calendar, estates, mailings, contacts, invoicing, workflow, marketing and canvassing.
The client's requirements were not clearly set from the head start mainly because this type of project involves an ongoing development process, where together with the client we discuss workflows, do the necessary planning, identify ways to improve processes and add useful features.
After analyzing their needs, we identified and proposed the best technical solutions to address them. At first we improved some of the functionalities of their existing platform but in Q1 2010 the 2nd generation software was released. Redesigned, more technologically advanced, more performant and with more functionalities.
We followed as closely as possible Microsoft's guidelines for building service oriented distributed applications while the smart client user interface was implemented in WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) using MVVM as a design pattern.
The CRM is organized on multiple layers:
- Data Access Layer (DAL) for database access operations over MS-SQL database
- On top of it we have the Business Logic Layer (BLL), using the database and applying the specific business rules.
- The Service Layer, powered by Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), exposes BLL methods to be accessed by UI and by all other services that are running in the Real Estate CRM ecosystem.
Real Estate CRM is mobile responsive to meet real estate agents' needs for mobility and flexibility in conducting business. It includes a wide range of customer-oriented features with numerous responses based on clients input and a customer service center with a simple and effortless assistance system.
The desktop interface is a multilingual smart client application written in C#, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) using Model View ViewModel (MVVM), following Microsoft.Net patterns and practices as closely as possible. Customer relationship management is done straight from an integrated system, fully automated, enabling the management of various modules
Client's benefits from working with us:
- Our extensive experience in developing complex web solutions and a high level of professionalism ensured that deliveries were made on time
- Best value for client's budget
- High flexibility and fast response time for specific requests
- A wide variety of experts including designers, database developers, back-end and front-end developers
- Support and seamless transition from client's old platform to the new one
Roweb proved to be a great partner to work with, providing us with a highly responsive team. During our collaboration, I found it very easy to communicate with them and they were very flexible in meeting our requirements. Because of the project’s complexity, new requirements came up quite often and they always managed to find and implement the adequate solution on time. I would have no hesitation in recommending them for complex enterprise development projects
Owner, WHISE nv