“Only if you count on in-house resources you can have full and complete control over your business”.
This kind of mindset is over.
Time not only proved that a statement like this is no longer true (in-house resources also mean limited possibilities) but also proved that it’s risky and may put your business in the shadows.
Three key words define today the cloud solutions: work mobility, accessibility, and backup redundancy.
Main advantages of cloud solutions:
- no need for in-house dedicated IT teams – for maintaining and updating the solutions;
- flexible access – access from anywhere/any time;
- fewer upfront costs;
- flexible budget (per service, per month, etc.);
- scalability – able to adjust fast to your company’s needs;
- backup facilities for avoiding data loss.
Let’s take a look at what recent stats showed lately:
- 80% of organizations are predicted to migrate toward the cloud, hosting, and colocation services by 2025. (Source: Computerworld UK)
- 84% of enterprises run on a multi-cloud strategy. (Source: RightScale)
- The cloud applications software market is anticipated to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 6.1 percent. (Source: Statista)
- The global cloud applications market is expected to reach 166.8 billion U.S. dollars by 2024. (Source: Statista)
Type of cloud-based solution (from the access perspective)
- Public cloud – services provided across the public internet. Once you choose public cloud for your projects, all the involved resources will be available to anyone who’s interested in using or purchasing them.
- Private cloud (internal cloud or a corporate cloud) is used by a specific company and can be hosted either within the organization itself (on-site) or externally in a third-party datacenter.
- Hybrid cloud – used both public and private. As the chart below shows, hybrid cloud is the first choice of most companies. The greatest advantage of hybrid cloud is that it is able to keep critical workloads privately controlled without losing its flexibility.
Cloud-based solutions categories
- IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) – your company’s infrastructure benefits from 3rd-party hosting (servers, storage, networking).
A few things you must know about IaaS:
- offers essential compute, storage, and networking resources on demand;
- allows you to scale your IT resources up and down (as needed);
- a cost-effective choice for migrating to the cloud;
- fast deployment for web apps.
- PaaS (Platform as a Service) – hardware or software tools are hosted by a 3rd-party (e.g, business analytics, operating systems, etc.)
A few things you must know about PaaS:
- on PaaS you can host everything, from servers, networks, storage, operating system software to databases and development tools (on the provider’s datacenter);
- typically offer access to a wider range of resources (operating systems, middleware, databases, development tools, etc.);
- provide a shared software development environment – so, everything is accessed from one place.
- SaaS (Software as a Service) – using a software application provided by a 3rd-party.
A few things you must know about SaaS:
- cost savings (advantageous especially for small-businesses);
- tracking for key business operations;
- increased efficiency (efficient data security and storage).
Top cloud providers to rely on
Azure is Microsoft’s cloud computing service. Using Microsoft’s data centers, it allows developers to build, test, deploy, and manage applications and services.
Cloud-based solutions categories provided by Azure:
- Software as a Service (SaaS);
- Platform as a Service (PaaS);
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
How can we help: With Microsoft Azure, we build, deploy and manage apps and services through a wide network of Microsoft-managed data-centers.
We integrate your public cloud app with existing IT environments. Azure allows the use of any language, framework, tool for building applications and offers unlimited servers, unlimited storage, powerful capabilities, and solutions.
Example of a project we developed with Azure:
#1 WHISE CRM – software development based on dedicated team model. WHISE CRM software solution is a mobile-first solution built with real estate users’ main commercial and administrative tasks in mind. This product’s goal is to provide a high-tech, and automated digital experience for buyers, owners, renters, investors, and real estate agents.
As an overview of the product’s evolution, WHISE CRM has gone through three main stages of development:
Stage #1 – Building and launching the WHISE CRM software
Stage #2 – Replacing the desktop solution with a web-based & mobile-first one
Stage #3 – Migrating the solution from on-premise to cloud
Approaching new markets generated a greater need for scalability. And this was possible by migrating the solution from on-premise to cloud (Azure) – a more modern option that allows fast integrations and increased accessibility. Our team played a key role in this migration through consulting sessions and development services.
Amazon Web Services
AWS or Amazon Web Services stands as a collection of remote computing services or a cloud computing platform that helps organizations
- move faster;
- decrease IT costs;
- scale applications.
The service can provide many servers in an affordable manner and power many workloads, including mobile and web apps, data processing and warehousing, archive, storage, etc.
Example of a project we developed with Amazon:
The project Ezebee (social platform & marketplace) was developed in 2 versions (V01 – in 2012 | V02 in 2016)
We created a dynamic search system using tags’ popularity scores, preloading results, suggesting criteria to refine the search, and loading the results quickly. The graph database and the tag weighting system – depending on how many products are associated with that tag – enabled faster and more flexible categorization of products.
Both v1 and v2 used MySQL, jQuery, CSS3, and HTML5, as well as Amazon Web Services hosting.
Rackspace Cloud offerings include web apps hosting or platform as a service, cloud storage, virtual private server, database backup, and monitoring billed on a utility computing basis. The company’s Fanatical Support aids customers to deploy, architect, and run their most demanding apps.
We help you build web apps or API backends on robust infrastructure, deploy container-based apps, and speed up development by using an intuitive and scalable cloud platform: DigitalOcean.
Why choose DigitalOcean for your business?
- 99.99% uptime SLA;
- Cost-effective cloud solutions;
- Complete set of cloud services (Cloud-Native, IaaS, PaaS);
- Reliable CMS, eCommerce, web application frameworks.
We help empower your business with full-flexibility by using one of the most popular cloud choices: Google Cloud.
What can you get with the services we provide for Google Cloud?
- optimized cloud infrastructure;
- safe & secure database migration;
- optimized outdated apps;
- security solution for protecting your business;
- performant business apps;
- agile-based solutions for internal workflows;
- seamlessly integrated dynamic content (YouTube content, Google Maps, etc.).
For what cloud-based services you can count on us
Advisory services – We guide you in identifying and solving the main strategic and tactical challenges by choosing the right cloud-based approach.
App development – We build from scratch .NET, JAVA, or PHP (enterprise, web & mobile) business applications designed and ready for the cloud from day one.
App migration & integration – We help you migrate and link existing applications to share data or business policies and streamline business processes.
Data migration & integration – We help you connect and migrate various applications, systems, repositories, and IT environments for getting an unified digital experience.
Infrastructure migration – We analyze and scale-up your current infrastructure and select the best cloud services and technologies for providing a secure migration.
On-premise to cloud integration – Providing increased mobility and easier access via all-type devices by helping you switch from on-prem to cloud-based software solutions.
Before you leave this page…
Roweb is a custom software development company, started in 2004 with offices in 4 major cities: Bucharest, Pitesti, Craiova, and Ramnicu Valcea.
With our 127+ IT professionals’ experience and the latest software development technologies, we focus on building Enterprise, Web, Mobile applications, and E-commerce solutions.
We work with companies from all over the world, and we understand the needs of and provide solutions for companies of all sizes ranging from start-ups to large enterprises.
“We are dedicated to staying ahead of the rapid changes by working with the latest technologies so that our clients would benefit from our technology expansion. Our mission is to continually keep up with the innovations in the technological world so that the developed software does well in the market.”
Viorel Costea | CEO, Roweb Development
We have an in-house team of software professionals who manage end-to-end product development projects, from business analysis, consultancy, and architecture, to post-implementation testing and maintenance.
Custom solutions are our focus because we love to build tailor-made apps for our clients. Still, there are some off-the-shelf products that we’ve created recently based on specific industries’ needs:
- Marketplace for real estate;
- Complete solution for restaurants;
- E-learning products;
- Solutions for the Transport industry (fleet management apps, taxi app, etc.).
- Some of them include CRM solutions (e.g., the restaurant solution).
Need support for developing a custom e-learning solution? Book a free consultation session with one of our experts!