What was your online store conversion rate in the past 3 months? I bet it wasn’t exactly what you were expecting when you’ve started your online business. On paper, strategies look great but rarely match the reality’s path. And who’s to blame?
Things like the market’s dynamic, competitors’ evolution, or significant changes in the buyers’ behavior don’t stand in your power.
So, what you have to do is go back to your online shop and start searching for clues about what things need optimization and how urgent are those.
CHECKLIST #1: Questions to ask yourself until starting your optimization plan
- is your website offering an intuitive experience to your potential customers?
- is your store design outdated, too sober, or unfriendly?
- are your store’s offer and sale process mobile-friendly?
- do you have available flexible and safe payment options for your clients?
- what is the average cart abandonment rate in your store?
- do you have any disruptive elements on the checkout page? (pop-ups, navigations, banners, offers. etc.)
- are you placing the up-sells and cross-sells offers in the right place?
- do you have a multi-lingual and multi-currency online store?
- do you have customized features implemented in your online shop?
- how visible is your store for new potential clients?
And, if you want to extend the checklist above with even more specific questions, take a look at what stats say about the client’s’ perception during a sales process:
CHECKLIST #2: Ten (10) things you must take into account for your optimization plan:
- Migrating your store on a dynamic and up-to-date eCommerce platform;
- Refreshing the architecture for your store and turning it into a more flexible and stable one;
- Optimizing your customer database;
- Reusing the old products catalog and improve its structure;
- Investing less time in redundant and repetitive activities;
- Improving performance on search engines;
- Improving the user’s shopping experience;
- Multi-channel communication with your potential/clients (including blog & social media);
- E-payment solutions and installments payment system;
- Creating a robust checkout experience.
Do you need help in building your optimization plan?
Get a free audit for your online store along with a project estimation (price & time).
CHECKLIST #3: Specific eCommerce optimizations (features, functionalities, integrations, and apps) to increase online store conversion rate:
- Responsive design for both desktop and mobile devices;
- A flexible e-Commerce architecture allowing you to add new features in an efficient manner;
- Custom SEO-friendly URLs & SEO on-page;
- Updated and dynamic CMS & CRM solutions;
- Custom category pages, with smart product filters and mixed product attributes;
- Automation of tasks solution (e.g., automatic prices updates based on multiple criteria);
- Smart integrations with third-party modules and apps;
- Dynamic, intuitive and safe solutions for sales & e-payments processes;
- Custom search and product listings, with smart product filters and mixed product attributes;
- Integrated multi-channel communication solutions (blog, social media, etc.)
A successful ecommerce optimization project
TECHNOLOGY: Node.js, Web API Architecture, OrienteDB, Web Sockets, Braintree API, PayPal API, Amazon Web Services, MySQL, jQuery, CSS3, HTML5.
- Guided smart search: autocomplete option & results are listed by trend factors, popularity, and trustworthiness of the seller;
- Popularity search ranking algorithm and tag system;
- 4 basic offer types: Products, Rentals, Services, and Courses;
- Prices are converted in real-time into any selected currency for easy price comparison;
- Chat-to-buy” system instead of “shopping carts” makes transactions faster, more transparent and doesn’t require Terms and Conditions or other legal information;
- Possibility to transfer files or money directly through the chat application;
- B-Coins serve as gift and discount points on ezebee.com. Sellers can purchase, transfer or cash-out B-coins to a PayPal account, from which they can transfer it for free to any bank account or CC;
- Automated translation for offers, chats, and comments
- Possibility to import offers directly from other websites like Etsy, DaWanda, ArtFire, Amazon, Airbnb by just entering their product link;
- The seller can choose to either link to another shop or his “chat-to-buy” messenger;
- Presentation options: in addition to the image gallery, users can now upload PDFs, videos and sound files;
- Sellers’ pages and all their offers and content are highly SEO optimized;
- Offers, events, and blog posts can be simultaneously shared with one click to Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
SEE MORE ECOMMERCE CASE STUDIES
In 2004 we started with a small web dev team wanting to make a difference in the software services market. Today we count about 130 professionals that are part of our team and over 1000 successfully delivered projects for global clients (from 30 countries).
Usually, our clients recommend our services because we know how to:
- think outside the box;
- deliver smart and customized solutions;
- allocate dedicated teams;
- embody innovative technologies;
- customize and adapt to new and changing requests;
- offer an excellent cost/quality ratio;
- deliver perfect integration between the solutions.
Start optimizing your eCommerce website to increase the conversion rate.
Ask for a free project estimation to see what suits best to your online store’s needs.