IoT benefits are unlimited. Literally. Check out this article to see how the internet of things solutions help your business grow and what you risk if you postpone developing them.
Your business may have missed the chance to be a pioneer in its industry by adopting IoT technologies when they were a novelty. But it still has the opportunity to grow and connect better with customers if you start developing these types of solutions now.
Making the leap from brand-centricity to customer-centricity is no longer a matter of choice if you want to keep your company relevant on the market. And this is exactly what IoT apps could help you to accomplish.
Keep scrolling down to see:
- why are IoT solution a Must-Have for every business;
- which are the IoT benefits for your business;
- 2 examples of IoT apps developed by us (case studies).
Why are IoT solution a Must-Have for every business
From simply connecting devices to sensors to complex solutions able to streamline processes, capture raw data from disparate sources and interpret them, and provide users with access to unique features, IoT apps can mean various things.
However, regardless of the situation, the strategy behind the development process (for an IoT solution) must be designed by taking into account 3 items simultaneously:
- users needs (what users need and expect from your solution);
- resources (infrastructure, time, budget, development team);
- company’s goal (how the IoT solution development could impact – in a positive way – your business’ evolution).
Being able to make your business run faster, better, and smarter, and to help you adopt, master, and evolve your businesses around new capabilities, IoT solutions became a must-have (especially in the past year).
IoT benefits for your business
The main benefits of IoT solutions are visible, especially at 3 levels:
IoT apps create a significant impact on several activities for each of these levels: from ensuring a safe and comfortable workplace and managing the office building to streamlining processes, increasing efficiency, and offering powerful insights for business decisions.
- Improved control over the operation processes;
- Efficient resource utilization;
- Reduced human efforts;
- Less costs and more productivity;
- Less time spent performing the same tasks.
- Increased opportunities for dynamic interactions;
- Better customer experiences;
- More personalized connections;
- More enjoyable interactions.
- Operate multiple things from one device;
- Eliminate the need for many business meetings or other time-consuming activities;
- Instant access to important updates and information.
- Safer workplace environment (e.g., air quality);
- Simplified office building management (fast overview from a dedicated platform/app);
- Reduced resources consumption (e.g., electric/water usage);
- More comfortable and modern office.
- Decisions based on analytics;
- Improved monitoring for several activities;
- High-quality data.
The more applications the IoT system integrates, the more complex scalability is.
This is why it is essential to develop from the beginning a flexible system based on modern technologies. The scalability level will define the future investments for your business.
A scalable IoT system relies on:
- component that can be reused;
- adaptable apps and devices;
- smart and flexible features and functionalities;
- stable development team – ready to take over new requirements and turn them into solutions.
- New business opportunities;
- New capabilities (for adapting fast to changes);
- New profit sources.
- Real-time marketing;
- Fine-tune services and products.
IoT project examples
iOS app connected with physical devices for bringing workplace comfort to the next level (Living+ project)
Innovation-driven iOS app that supports and completes Living+ project by allowing users to manage and control from distance 3 physical devices: e-fresh, season sleeper, and the liftable bed.
TECHNOLOGIES Swift, Xcode, UIKit, CoreBluetooth, XCGLogge
TaxIoT – web solution for taxi fleet management
We developed a web-based solution for remote monitoring and control of taximeters based on a microservices architecture.
C#, Asp.Net Core, NodeJs, Angular, SQL, NoSQL
Ready to develop your IoT project with our dedicated teams?
IoT services you must consider for developing your projects
Check out the list of IoT services we provide for companies interested in developing modern solutions.
IoT consultancy: Help you define your IoT strategy and guide you to choose the IoT solutions that fit your tech needs. Our cross-functional teams (software, hardware, and product experts) are able to provide you full access to multi-level expertise.
Hardware programming and interfaces: We are integrating sensors, actuators, GPS, RFID, CAN, MODBUS, and similar chips in our IoT solutions, developing the required embedded systems by programming and following the latest trends.
Networking and communication: We are assuring the LAN or local field communication using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and free radio band communication, concentrating the data using gateways to communicate to the internet via MQTT, HTTP, and AMQP protocols.
Security systems: We are carefully implementing the required security for IoT systems by assuring device access security at the firmware level, using device certificates, and securing the network and internet communication via encrypted protocols.
IoT analytics: Transforming unstructured data into valuable insights: we build IoT analytic systems with your business needs in mind for helping you manage a high volume and complex IoT data easily and making data-driven decisions.
IoT integrations: We provide scalable and performant integration services for bridging the gap between physical devices and virtual apps and solutions (e.g., integration with business apps using Azure services).
IoT Apps Development: From cloud-based development (Azure IoT, Thingsboard, or custom private cloud) using modern technologies (.NET, C#, Angular) to smart integration with business apps using Azure services – we provide you full-cycle IoT apps development.
System Design and implementation: From business analysis and specifications drafting to IoT system architecture and components identification, project management, deployment, and solution operation using a managed services model – we provide you with complete system design and implementation services.
Why develop IoT solutions with Roweb
Roweb is a custom software development company, started in 2004 with offices in 4 major cities: Bucharest, Pitesti, Craiova, and Ramnicu Valcea.
With our 127+ IT professionals’ experience and the latest software development technologies, we focus on building Enterprise, Web, Mobile applications, and E-commerce solutions.
We work with companies from all over the world, and we understand the needs of and provide solutions for companies of all sizes ranging from start-ups to large enterprises.
Custom services and complete IoT development teams for turning your ideas into innovative end-to-end solutions.
IoT development services we provide:
- IoT consultancy;
- Hardware programming and interfaces;
- Networking and communication;
- Security systems;
- IoT analytics;
- IoT integrations;
- IoT Apps Development;
- System Design and implementation.
Technologies we use for IoT projects: LPWAN, GPRS, Microsoft Azure IoT: IoT Hub, IoT Edge, Stream Analytics, .NET, C#, NodeJs, Angular, SQL, NoSQL