In today’s digital landscape, mobile applications have become a cornerstone of success for businesses and entrepreneurs.
Whether you’re a startup with a groundbreaking idea or an established enterprise seeking to expand your digital presence, developing a mobile app that seamlessly combines scalability, exceptional user experience (UX), and robust security features is crucial. However, achieving this trifecta of excellence requires expertise and guidance from industry leaders specializing in mobile app development.
In this blog article, we will explore the main characteristics of leading mobile app development companies and shed light on their ability to deliver scalable solutions with a meticulous focus on UX and cutting-edge security features.
But before that, let’s look at the recent statistics and see what this industry will look like in the near future.
But first, you have to decide: mobile apps or mobile-first solutions?
Mobile-first solutions and mobile apps serve different purposes and have distinct characteristics. Mobile-first solutions provide cross-platform compatibility, instant updates, and cost-effectiveness, while mobile apps offer native experiences, access to device features, app store distribution, enhanced performance, and improved user engagement.
The choice between the two depends on factors such as the target audience, desired functionality, user experience requirements, and development budget.
In order to make things clear, here is a short comparison between the two types of solutions, offered by mobile app development companies.
Purpose & design
Mobile-first solutions are designed to provide optimal user experiences across various devices, including smartphones, tablets, and desktops. They use responsive design techniques to ensure the interface adapts seamlessly to different screen sizes and resolutions.
Whereas, mobile apps are developed specifically for a particular operating system (e.g., iOS or Android) using platform-specific programming languages (Swift or Objective-C for iOS, Java or Kotlin for Android). This allows for a more tailored and optimized user experience for each platform (native experience).
Mobile-first solutions are typically web-based applications that can be accessed through a mobile browser. Since mobile-first solutions are accessed through a web browser, they are inherently cross-platform compatible. Users can access the solution on different operating systems (e.g., iOS, Android, Windows) without the need for platform-specific development.
Mobile apps are distributed through app stores (e.g., Apple App Store, Google Play Store), providing a centralized platform for users to discover, download, and update applications. App stores also offer monetization opportunities for developers through in-app purchases and app advertisements.
Developing a mobile-first solution can be more cost-effective compared to building separate native apps for multiple platforms. It requires maintaining a single codebase that works across devices, reducing development time and effort.
Mobile apps can offer better performance and responsiveness compared to web-based solutions since they are optimized for specific platforms and utilize device-specific capabilities. This is especially important for applications that require high-speed processing or offline functionality.
Our approach | Developing a mobile-first solution / developing a mobile apps
We develop mobile applications and mobile-first solutions within our dedicated software development teams.
An example of a mobile-first solution is the IV version of the VMS 365 project. nGage (the owner of the VMS 365 platform) is a multi-awarded UK company offering human resources services and whose database has grown considerably lately.
However, the nGage users’ digital behavior is similar to the latest industry trends: they need mobility and prefer spending more and more time on mobile devices.
Thus, the technology upgrade to VMS 365 – the fourth version, came as a necessity to align both with customers’ needs and market trends. And our team’s main purpose was to make the process as smooth as possible.
CIM Bank is a reputable Swiss Private Bank that provides customized services and utilizes advanced communication systems to ensure clients can easily access the information they need.
For banks, a software product’s reliability hinges on its ability to offer customers both mobility and security. Thus, we collaborated with CIM Bank to develop a mobile app for their clients using technologies like Swift, Java/Android, and ASP .NET Web API, based on intuitive features and secure trading tools to enhance the banking experience.
We exceeded the client’s expectations by creating a new mobile app with advanced features.
This app allows customers to securely log in, use biometric identification to bypass 2-factor authentication, interact with the website, authorize transactions using the mobile device’s security features, and enjoy extended capabilities like QR code invoice payment and document scanning.
Sneak peek from dev backstage: how will the fact that you work with the best mobile apps development company impact your mobile solution
Working with mobile apps development company can have a significant impact on the development of a software solution. However, the partnership positively influence the outcome because:
Mobile app development companies have good expertise and relevant knowledge. They have likely worked on numerous mobile projects before, honing their skills and understanding of best practices. Their deep understanding of mobile development, user experience, and industry trends can help create a high-quality and efficient mobile solution.
Moreover, you will immediately notice the efficiency of the development process. With experience comes efficiency. An experienced provider knows how to streamline the development process, leveraging proven methodologies, tools, and frameworks. They can optimize development workflows, reduce development time, and enhance productivity. This ultimately leads to a faster time to market for your mobile solution.
Also, because quality is crucial for any mobile solution, experienced mobile app development companies understand the importance of rigorous testing and quality assurance processes. They can help ensure that the solution is thoroughly tested on various stages of development, devices, operating systems, and network conditions. Their experience enables them to identify and address potential issues or bugs, resulting in a more robust and reliable mobile solution.
Another benefit that you get when you choose right is the user-centric approach. Experienced providers have a deep understanding of user expectations and preferences. They know how to conduct user research, gather feedback, and incorporate user-centric design principles into the mobile solution. By considering the target audience’s needs and preferences, the solution can offer an intuitive and engaging user experience.
Last but not least, scalability and future-proofing processes are also common things that define the best mobile app development companies: Mobile solutions always need to evolve and scale over time. Thus, an experienced provider can anticipate future needs and design the solution with scalability in mind. They can recommend the appropriate architecture, technologies, and frameworks that allow for easy updates and expansion as your mobile solution grows.
Who can (and who cannot) help you develop scalable apps – with a focus on UX and security features
Working with an unsuitable development team can lead to several problems and challenges that may cost you important resources.
- Poor Communication: An unsuitable development team often struggles with communication, leading to misunderstandings, delays, and a lack of clarity regarding project goals and requirements. This can result in a breakdown of collaboration and coordination among team members.
- Lack of Competence: If team members lack the necessary skills, experience, or expertise, it can significantly hinder the progress of a project. Poor quality work, inefficient coding practices, and the inability to meet deadlines may arise due to a lack of competence within the team.
- Low Motivation and Morale: An unsuitable dev team may suffer from low motivation and morale, resulting from factors such as inadequate leadership, a lack of team spirit, or a disorganized work environment. This can lead to decreased productivity, increased turnover, and a negative impact on the overall team dynamic.
- Ineffective Project Management: A development team that lacks effective project management practices can struggle with planning, resource allocation, and meeting project milestones. This can result in missed deadlines, budget overruns, and a failure to deliver the expected outcomes.
- Inflexibility and Resistance to Change: An unsuitable dev team may resist adopting new technologies, methodologies, or best practices. This resistance to change can hinder innovation and hinder the team’s ability to adapt to evolving project requirements and industry trends.
- High Turnover Rate: If team members are dissatisfied with the work environment, lack proper support, or face excessive pressure, they may choose to leave the team. High turnover can disrupt project continuity, impact knowledge transfer, and impede the establishment of a stable and effective team.
- Poor Quality and Bug-Ridden Code: Inadequate development practices, such as a lack of code reviews, testing procedures, or quality assurance measures, can result in the delivery of poor-quality code. This may lead to an accumulation of bugs, software vulnerabilities, and ongoing maintenance challenges.
- Missed Deadlines and Budget Overruns: Inefficient team coordination, poor planning, and subpar execution can result in missed project deadlines and budget overruns. These issues can damage client relationships, compromise the reputation of the team, and lead to financial losses for the organization.
- Lack of Alignment with Business Objectives: An unsuitable dev team may struggle to understand and align with the broader business objectives and goals of the organization. This can result in the delivery of solutions that do not meet the expectations or requirements of stakeholders, ultimately leading to dissatisfaction and wasted resources.
- Difficulty Scaling and Growing: If a dev team lacks scalability and growth potential, it may face challenges when taking on larger or more complex projects. Inadequate resources, limited skill sets, and an absence of structured processes can impede the team’s ability to expand and handle increased project demands.
Overall, an unsuitable development team can cause significant disruptions and hinder project success, leading to decreased productivity, low-quality outcomes, and strained relationships with clients and stakeholders.
Other examples from our Mobile portfolio (why do they trust us)
Whise CRM is a flexible solution designed for the real estate industry. Its main objective is to assist agencies in managing their property portfolio and staying connected with clients through an innovative app.
We used C#, Kotlin, Swift, .Net Core, Firebase Messaging, Google Maps, and SignalR technologies to develop a personalized taxi app based on an existing prototype.
For many years, we have had a strong partnership with Tourpaq, a leading Danish company specialized in software solutions for tour operators. As a result of our successful collaboration, we are developing a web platform and two mobile apps: the Tourpaq Guest App, designed for tourists and the Tourpaq Destination App, for both tourists and guides.
The Smart Sanitation App is based on the idea that you should only pay for the waste you create. This clever solution includes valuable features such as mobility and a billing system to assist with efficient waste management.
Why our clients choose us for developing mobile-first solutions or mobile apps:
In addition to our expertise in developing mobile applications, Roweb’s experience encompasses:
- A team of 130+ developers, with over 50% holding senior positions;
- Digital transformation solutions for clients from over 30+ countries;
- Offices located in three different cities: Pitesti, Craiova, and Bucharest;
- Ongoing projects, with the oldest one dating back to 2006;
- More than 18 years of experience in developing business applications, e-Commerce platforms, and complex web portals for companies from industries such as Recruitment & HR, Finance & Insurance, Real Estate, Tourism & Hospitality, Associations, Transport & Logistics, E-commerce, and Marketing.